Okay so HAPPY NEW YEAR! I haven’t posted much in the last few months but I have many reasons, not all good but reasons none the less. Honestly, I had the full intention to write this post before New Years, but then I got distracted and with what little free time I had (work, friends, family) I was sleeping. The holidays really do take a lot out of you. This post is just going to be a quick catch up, and I’m going to discuss 16 good/not so good things that happened to me in 2016 (that haven’t been discussed on here yet, I don’t think!).
- I got a full-time job in Toronto! I commute every day on the GO train. It’s not easy, I’ve always got something school-related on my mind and some days my kids drive me nuts BUT it’s a full time job in my field and I could not be happier.
- I went to New York City! At the beginning of September my boyfriend and our two friends (and I) drove to Morristown, New Jersey. I spent Saturday and Sunday in NYC and it was wonderful.I also went to Trader Joe’s for the first time: I am forever changed.
- In relation to #2, I saw my first show on broadway!! I’ve been to broadway musicals (Evil Dead, Last 5 Years, Book of Mormon, Cinderella) but this was my first actual show on actual broadway. I saw Waitress and I became OBSESSED. If needed I can perform, at mediocre level, the entire show.
- In relations to #2,#3 etc… I’ve become obsessed with HAMILTON! Yes. The musical. Yes it’s amazing. No I’ll probably never get tickets to see it on Broadway.
- I’m still playing Pokemon go. Every day. (This is me.)
- I had to fight the camp I worked at for my last pay check :’) 0/10 do not recommend.
- I went back to the store I was working at, over Christmas, just to help them out. It was nice to see everyone again J
- I fell down some stairs at the Dundas subway station on a particularly rainy day and bruised my butt.
- I went on a shopping adventure in Michigan with some friends and went back to Trader Joes.
- I saw Moana (amazing) and La La Land (amazing) – Two of my favourite movies from 2016.
- In relation to #1, I’ve created and developed 3 whole curricula in the last two months of 2016. It was challenging and fun but great!
- I started Bullet Journaling and using a Happy Planner. I’m hoping to stick with it 🙂
- I fell in love with a new part of Ontario and I hope to go back in 2017 (just for me, not for work!)
- I’ve successfully cohabited with my boyfriend for an entire year. It’s been amazing.
- I have also started a 2nd job in my field, but a different part of my field (standardized testing!) It’s different, but fun!
- 2016 was a shit year for a lot of people. I’m scared and excited for 2017
2016 went by in a hazy death-filled blur. I can hardly believe I’ve been home from Korea for more than a year (I miss you dakgalbi from Yeonsan and pumpkin pajeon… I might have to come visit Hannah so I can get you…). I haven’t been on an airplane since 2015… It’s crazy to me! I desperately want to travel again, even if it’s not by plane. I loved my little trip to NYC. I want to see more broadway shows, I want to explore more of the earth! I’m excited for 2017 and all the hope a new year brings. I haven’t had a resolution for a long time, but I have yearly goals that I keep to myself. I recently found my 2016 goals and though I did not reach them, they seem more attainable in 2017…
I hope your year was good as it could’ve been, and your 2017 is bright and happy. So many things are in the works for so many people I care about…
I can’t make any promises of when my next post is coming. I have ideas but I’ve been so blocked creatively lately.
I hope I can get back to my old blogging self, some day soon.
My posts will always stay up! And I’ll still respond to emails if you send them!
I hope the best for all of you!
Until next time,