Well, imagine my surprise when I get a comment from the lovely Lally that says she is nominating me for the Liebster award. The award is, basically, an award to get to know some lesser-known blogs online and just connect us bloggers in a nice little way. Thanks for my first (of I’m sure many, just kidding) award Lally!! Alice nominated her and she is actually one of my friends out here in Busan! I can’t wait for Alice to come back and I’d love to meet you Lally, thanks for the nomination!
11 Facts about Me:
- I have wanted to do ESL teaching since I was 12-years-old. My degree is actually in Linguistics for Teaching English as a Second Language.
- I have a mild addiction to Bubble tea and need to have it at least once a week to function.
- I live in constant fear of my phone/computer crashing and me losing all my files but I have done little to save them…
- I love planning things but I would rather plan for myself than other people.
- My expectations from other people are rather low but that’s because I’ve had high expectations before and after being let down so much I decided to be a bit more chilled out.
- I am a generally happy person but I do hold grudges like cute puppies so if you wrong me, I will probably always remember.
- I love PUNS! So much. I have a reputation for telling bad/good jokes.
- I like taking selfies and I have often thought about getting a selfie stick.
- I have been to more countries than anyone else in my immediate family.
- I’m the first one in my family to graduate/attend University. (My sister graduated college first though).
- I currently live in Korea because I attended summer school in Seoul and fell in love with the country. Though I do love it here I will be returning home after my contract is up, I don’t know when I’ll be back but I’m making the most of my time here.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
– My guilty pleasure is watching super cheesy TV shows. One that a lot of people don’t like, though I really feel no guilt about it 😉
- Name 5 things that make you happy.
– Writing, Friends, Music, My family, and of course my Boyfriend.
- What skills do you wish you had?
– I wish I could pick up languages as quickly as I did when I was younger. Though my Korean is coming along, I wish it was better. Also better money-saving tips (though I am pretty good at saving I can be swayed with the right sale…)
- What is your favourite twitter account to follow?
@stats_canada – Amazing.
- Do you have any OCDs or superstitions?
– Not going to pretend I have a mental illness, but I do like my things in a certain way/place and when they’re changed I can get pretty miffed.
- What are you reading at the moment?
– Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, though I often forget to bring my e-reader with me.. Ah.
- If you had to live with only one of the five senses, which would it be and why?
-Oh god… uhhh Sight. I like being able to see things and if I didn’t have taste I could try many things that look scary and freak people out.
- What do you find scarier, the idea there is other life out there in the universe, or there isn’t and we’re completely alone?
– I think the idea that there isn’t life out there and we’re completely alone is scarier because… who wants to be alone?
- What’s the meaning behind your blog title?
– Girl (me) in the Dynamic (ever-changing, growing, also the English slogan for Busan) City (Busan) woo.
- What is your favourite season/weather?
– I love Fall but I have been loving the pretty sunny days we’ve been having. If I had to be super specific, I’d be a super sunny Beginning of April day when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.
- Tattoos. Why/Why not and what are they/would they be?
– I have one tattoo on my inner right wrist that I got when I was 18 and I have often thought about getting another. I may end up taking one home with me when I leave Korea…
I am supposed to pick 11 but some of the people I want to pick have already been nominated so I’ve picked 7 awesome people who I want to know lots more about, and I think are very deserving of this prestigious award. 🙂
Hannah -Met her in Summer school and she easily became one of my best friends. She’s living the coolest life and I love her a lot.
Jazmine – Also met her in summer school and she writes some incredible stuff.
Derek – Found him through wordpress and now I stalk his amazing foodporn on instagram. Love my fellow Canadians in Korea.
Stephanie – New follower of mine with a beautiful blog. I’d love to learn more about you!
Megan – My sister. I know she won’t do this but I’m nominating her anyway.
Jini – K-Drama fan that is a new follower, I’d love to know more about you!
Milli – One of my friends in Hwamyeong and also a fellow Brock Alum.
- How many countries have you been too? (Layovers count!)
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What’s your favourite song right now?
- How old is your oldest friendship?
- Do you sleep with any stuffed toys?
- What do you do for a living?
- What do you want to do for a living?
- What’s your favourite day of the week?
- What’s the easiest way to make you smile?
- What’s the easiest way to make you mad?
- What’s your favourite social network site to use?
- Thank and link back to the person(s) who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominee asked.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
117 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. (I only picked 7 #rulebreaker)
- Notify the bloggers you chose for the award.
- Make a list of 11 different questions for your nominees to answerOr you don’t have to do it at all, I’d just like to know more about you.