Okay so HAPPY NEW YEAR! I haven’t posted much in the last few months but I have many reasons, not all good but reasons none the less. Honestly, I had the full intention to write this post before New Years, but then I got distracted and with what little free time I had (work, friends, family) I was sleeping. The holidays really do take a lot out of you. This post is just going to be a quick catch up, and I’m going to discuss 16 good/not so good things that happened to me in 2016 (that haven’t been discussed on here yet, I don’t think!).
- I got a full-time job in Toronto! I commute every day on the GO train. It’s not easy, I’ve always got something school-related on my mind and some days my kids drive me nuts BUT it’s a full time job in my field and I could not be happier.
- I went to New York City! At the beginning of September my boyfriend and our two friends (and I) drove to Morristown, New Jersey. I spent Saturday and Sunday in NYC and it was wonderful.I also went to Trader Joe’s for the first time: I am forever changed.
- In relation to #2, I saw my first show on broadway!! I’ve been to broadway musicals (Evil Dead, Last 5 Years, Book of Mormon, Cinderella) but this was my first actual show on actual broadway. I saw Waitress and I became OBSESSED. If needed I can perform, at mediocre level, the entire show.
- In relations to #2,#3 etc… I’ve become obsessed with HAMILTON! Yes. The musical. Yes it’s amazing. No I’ll probably never get tickets to see it on Broadway.
- I’m still playing Pokemon go. Every day. (This is me.)
- I had to fight the camp I worked at for my last pay check :’) 0/10 do not recommend.
- I went back to the store I was working at, over Christmas, just to help them out. It was nice to see everyone again J
- I fell down some stairs at the Dundas subway station on a particularly rainy day and bruised my butt.
- I went on a shopping adventure in Michigan with some friends and went back to Trader Joes.
- I saw Moana (amazing) and La La Land (amazing) – Two of my favourite movies from 2016.
- In relation to #1, I’ve created and developed 3 whole curricula in the last two months of 2016. It was challenging and fun but great!
- I started Bullet Journaling and using a Happy Planner. I’m hoping to stick with it 🙂
- I fell in love with a new part of Ontario and I hope to go back in 2017 (just for me, not for work!)
- I’ve successfully cohabited with my boyfriend for an entire year. It’s been amazing.
- I have also started a 2nd job in my field, but a different part of my field (standardized testing!) It’s different, but fun!
- 2016 was a shit year for a lot of people. I’m scared and excited for 2017
2016 went by in a hazy death-filled blur. I can hardly believe I’ve been home from Korea for more than a year (I miss you dakgalbi from Yeonsan and pumpkin pajeon… I might have to come visit Hannah so I can get you…). I haven’t been on an airplane since 2015… It’s crazy to me! I desperately want to travel again, even if it’s not by plane. I loved my little trip to NYC. I want to see more broadway shows, I want to explore more of the earth! I’m excited for 2017 and all the hope a new year brings. I haven’t had a resolution for a long time, but I have yearly goals that I keep to myself. I recently found my 2016 goals and though I did not reach them, they seem more attainable in 2017…
I hope your year was good as it could’ve been, and your 2017 is bright and happy. So many things are in the works for so many people I care about…
I can’t make any promises of when my next post is coming. I have ideas but I’ve been so blocked creatively lately.
I hope I can get back to my old blogging self, some day soon.
My posts will always stay up! And I’ll still respond to emails if you send them!
I hope the best for all of you!
Until next time,
Well, imagine my surprise when I get a comment from the lovely Lally that says she is nominating me for the Liebster award. The award is, basically, an award to get to know some lesser-known blogs online and just connect us bloggers in a nice little way. Thanks for my first (of I’m sure many, just kidding) award Lally!! Alice nominated her and she is actually one of my friends out here in Busan! I can’t wait for Alice to come back and I’d love to meet you Lally, thanks for the nomination!
11 Facts about Me:
- I have wanted to do ESL teaching since I was 12-years-old. My degree is actually in Linguistics for Teaching English as a Second Language.
- I have a mild addiction to Bubble tea and need to have it at least once a week to function.
- I live in constant fear of my phone/computer crashing and me losing all my files but I have done little to save them…
- I love planning things but I would rather plan for myself than other people.
- My expectations from other people are rather low but that’s because I’ve had high expectations before and after being let down so much I decided to be a bit more chilled out.
- I am a generally happy person but I do hold grudges like cute puppies so if you wrong me, I will probably always remember.
- I love PUNS! So much. I have a reputation for telling bad/good jokes.
- I like taking selfies and I have often thought about getting a selfie stick.
- I have been to more countries than anyone else in my immediate family.
- I’m the first one in my family to graduate/attend University. (My sister graduated college first though).
- I currently live in Korea because I attended summer school in Seoul and fell in love with the country. Though I do love it here I will be returning home after my contract is up, I don’t know when I’ll be back but I’m making the most of my time here.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
– My guilty pleasure is watching super cheesy TV shows. One that a lot of people don’t like, though I really feel no guilt about it 😉
- Name 5 things that make you happy.
– Writing, Friends, Music, My family, and of course my Boyfriend.
- What skills do you wish you had?
– I wish I could pick up languages as quickly as I did when I was younger. Though my Korean is coming along, I wish it was better. Also better money-saving tips (though I am pretty good at saving I can be swayed with the right sale…)
- What is your favourite twitter account to follow?
@stats_canada – Amazing.
- Do you have any OCDs or superstitions?
– Not going to pretend I have a mental illness, but I do like my things in a certain way/place and when they’re changed I can get pretty miffed.
- What are you reading at the moment?
– Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, though I often forget to bring my e-reader with me.. Ah.
- If you had to live with only one of the five senses, which would it be and why?
-Oh god… uhhh Sight. I like being able to see things and if I didn’t have taste I could try many things that look scary and freak people out.
- What do you find scarier, the idea there is other life out there in the universe, or there isn’t and we’re completely alone?
– I think the idea that there isn’t life out there and we’re completely alone is scarier because… who wants to be alone?
- What’s the meaning behind your blog title?
– Girl (me) in the Dynamic (ever-changing, growing, also the English slogan for Busan) City (Busan) woo.
- What is your favourite season/weather?
– I love Fall but I have been loving the pretty sunny days we’ve been having. If I had to be super specific, I’d be a super sunny Beginning of April day when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.
- Tattoos. Why/Why not and what are they/would they be?
– I have one tattoo on my inner right wrist that I got when I was 18 and I have often thought about getting another. I may end up taking one home with me when I leave Korea…
I am supposed to pick 11 but some of the people I want to pick have already been nominated so I’ve picked 7 awesome people who I want to know lots more about, and I think are very deserving of this prestigious award. 🙂
Hannah -Met her in Summer school and she easily became one of my best friends. She’s living the coolest life and I love her a lot.
Jazmine – Also met her in summer school and she writes some incredible stuff.
Derek – Found him through wordpress and now I stalk his amazing foodporn on instagram. Love my fellow Canadians in Korea.
Stephanie – New follower of mine with a beautiful blog. I’d love to learn more about you!
Megan – My sister. I know she won’t do this but I’m nominating her anyway.
Jini – K-Drama fan that is a new follower, I’d love to know more about you!
Milli – One of my friends in Hwamyeong and also a fellow Brock Alum.
- How many countries have you been too? (Layovers count!)
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What’s your favourite song right now?
- How old is your oldest friendship?
- Do you sleep with any stuffed toys?
- What do you do for a living?
- What do you want to do for a living?
- What’s your favourite day of the week?
- What’s the easiest way to make you smile?
- What’s the easiest way to make you mad?
- What’s your favourite social network site to use?
- Thank and link back to the person(s) who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominee asked.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
11 7 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. (I only picked 7 #rulebreaker)
- Notify the bloggers you chose for the award.
- Make a list of 11 different questions for your nominees to answerOr you don’t have to do it at all, I’d just like to know more about you.